Translate

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Chicago diary day 3

    
Today we took the hop on hop off trolley/double decker bus and went around the city. We got off at Navy Pier and Sears Tower. We also took a river architectural tour.
    First the river tour because I said so. THANK GOODNESS FOR GOOD TOUR GUIDES! Our tour guide was really great about telling us about the history and architecture of Chicago AND he seemed really nerdy so I got most of the references he made but I'm not sure if anyone else did. I enjoyed all of the buildings and the water. The tour guide told us that Chicago is an old Native American word meaning "skunk cabbage", isn't that "lovely"? The tour guide and I have decided that Daleks probably started the Chicago Fire.
     Navy Pier wasn't too interesting to me (yet, we'll go back sometime, but I did eat at Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co.! The drink menus there were on ping pong paddles and the waiter gave us trivia questions (we ACED it!) and there were also a lot of other fun little movie related things about that place.
     Sears Tower was scary because we did the sky deck and I'm still not sure how I felt about being in a glass box hanging off of the 103rd floor! But that was cool anyway.
     Walking around and taking the transport. systems allowed me to do some people watching and I enjoyed listening to all the different languages. There was this guy who had hair just like Tintin's right color and everything! It was also fun to see all the World Cup fans going to the park to watch the USA at Germany game. I could go ON AND ON about the people.
      That's pretty much what today was as a short story.









No comments:

Post a Comment