Translate

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Harry Potter


     The Harry Potter books have acted as a sort of security blanket for me. They let me escape what's on my mind and give me a nice feeling every time I open one and read. They give my brain a sort of magical mini vacation to Scotland. Sure getting there is a bit unconventional but there are trains, brooms, the floo network and even flying cars and it is fun to mentally digest how cool it would be to use such transportation.

     I was very excited to find a marathon of the movies on today. Sure I don't love the movies as much as I love the books but that's all right. I think its fantastic that I can read to make myself feel better and I dont have to feel the need to put makeup on my face to feel better about myself I can read. I am also grateful that I can read at all! I can also owe that fact in part to J.K. Rowling because I started reading her books in the second grade and sure that first book took a while to read but I improved my reading skills with her series.

         While abroad I hope that I can get enough time to at least read the books in Dutch and if Im lucky I hope to get my own copies in the language to enjoy. I think it would be very fun to compare and contrast the books because translations change the names of characters or little parts of the story and that interests me.






No comments:

Post a Comment