Translate

Sunday, April 13, 2014

COMIC BOOKS!


     Belgium is home to more comic books than anywhere else! You may even be familiar with some of the characters that live in those comics. I am not overly familiar with most of the comics out of Belgium so I will focus on two.
     Who doesn't know what a Smurf is? These little blue critters were created by Peyo. Smurfs live in a village made of mushrooms. Popular Smurfs seem to be Papa Smurf, Smurfette and Brainy Smurf. Most Smurfs are named after their personality and love parties and cakes.
        Tintin is my personal favorite. Tintin was created by Hergé and first published on January 10, 1929. Tintin is a reporter who is rumored to be about my age. Tintin has a wire fox terrier named Snowy who tags along on all of Tintin's adventures. Tintin is very curious and smart. Some of Tintin's other friends include a sea captain: Captain Haddock, a scientist/inventor: Professor Calculus and an opera diva: Bianca Castafiore.  Tintin loves adventure and I'm pretty sure that if he didn't get an adventure or mystery he would melt. Tintin also played a part in my decision to become an exchange student.


No comments:

Post a Comment