Translate

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Is life unfair?

     As a teenager I find myself thinking about a lot of stuff during class. Things like:
  • Why dose it smell like oranges in here?
  • Who was that guy who sings that song that goes...?
  • I feel small compared to the vastness of the universe. The Earth is spinning and orbiting and everything is moving, I'm beginning to feel a bit motion sick and unsafe.
  • Who am I/ who will I become?
  • What on Earth are we supposed to do for homework?
  When I get to thinking in class I wonder all sorts of things but I've decided the most unfair parts of existence are:
  1. Knowing it will end. Everyone dies, everything that has ever existed or will ever exist will eventually cease to exist and there isn't anything that anyone can do about it in the long run. 
  2. Not being able to know EXACTLY what people are thinking. You say you're fine but is that a fine like "really I'm ok" or "hug me, I'm being torn apart by emotions."? Do they really like me?
  3. Not knowing what to do ALL the time and not knowing if those decisions were the best.
  4. NEVER EVER being able to make other people understand and accept you if they don't care to listen.
  5. Never fully understanding how you affect people.
  6. Being stuck to a little blue marble floating in the vastness of the universe and being unable to control much of anything and knowing that to the greatness of the universe you are really nothing.
    Don't let this bum you out though, because do you know what? We have each other! We have people who love us and try to understand. We have radios and rocket ships and things IN OUTERSPACE. When we are gone, we won't truly be gone because our radio waves could be picked up by other receivers light years away and they will listen just as we listen for them. We have helpful body language and words to describe how we feel and like other people. We maybe temporary but that shouldn't stop us from enjoying our short stay.




2 comments: