Translate

Friday, January 30, 2015

exploration

Dear Jolie,
     Remember how in kindergarden when you would tell the teacher you wanted to be an explorer when you grow up? You were imagining a safari hat and binoculars. You were going to wander through rain forests and canoe the Amazon river. Did you know being an explorer never waited that long?
     You have always been exploring! From discovering your own feet to exploring that fishin' spot we all love so dearly. You explore by the books you pour over and (well I will let Mr. Hubble do the talking here) "Equipt with his five sences man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science."
     Well. You certainly are on one of your grandest adventures yet! From this experience you will learn so much. Learning isn't always easy but I know you can do it.
     I want you to know how proud of you I am and how much I love you but that seems a bit too self indulgent. Instead of that I will continue to push you. I will push you through every stupid decission and every brilloant idea because in the end they really are one and the same. I am going to push you to your breaking point, watch you snap and let you make yourself stronger.
     Turns out you cannot bottle emotion or moments. Let it all happen and work with what you have.
Love,
Jolie
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment